Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas!

I'm so behind on this blog that I'm just going to skip what I missed and start with the present. We had a great time in Hawaii, Isaiah learned to trick-or-treat and love the pool. Although I think he already loved the pool. :) Thanksgiving was great, a great meal with great family friends. And now for Christmas.

For starters:


This year we tried something new. We hosted Christmas. In past years, we would go over to my parent's house in the morning for gift opening, then we would head to Will's Parent's for gifts and visiting, then typically head back to my parent's for their big Christmas dinner. (Sometimes it was two Christmas dinners, depending on what was going on at Will's parent's). That was fine when it was just the two of us. This year we decided we didn't want to leave the house. That way Isaiah could just play all day long and nap when needed without interrupting anything or trying to put him down somewhere else or having to go home. It was wonderful! We woke up in the morning and let Isaiah open a couple gifts with just the two of us, then my parents came over and we opened more gifts and I got the turkey in the oven. My parents went home, Isaiah went down for a nap and we prepared for both sides of our families to come over for Christmas dinner. We had my parents, Will's parents, Will's Uncle and family and Will's grandma. It was a full house and it was a lot of fun! Isaiah was in attention heaven. :)

Isaiah and Christmas: I think the most fun he had was the couple of days before Christmas when I wrapped all the presents and they immediately turned into large building blocks for him to stack and knock down. He liked ripping the paper but after opening his first gift, that's really all he wanted to play with. I don't think it quite registered with him that the other wrapped presents might be filled with toys to play with as well.

This year was a fun year with Isaiah but I really think next year will be THE year. The year of really getting it, the year to begin the rest of his childhood, Santa believing, toy requesting, present anticipating years. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Here are some photos to punctuate this post:
Helping me decorate the tree.

He's saying "PILE!"

Opening his first present.

second present!

A picture in the paper, a Murray Family tradition

Playing with is big present, the best one ever!



No comments:

Post a Comment