Saturday, May 18, 2013

Baby Update

We had our ultrasound this week, if we hadn't already found out the sex, this would have been the appointment for that. It was exciting to see the baby but it definitely loses something when you aren't also eagerly anticipating finding out what you are having. Not that I would change the fact that we found out early, I'm still really happy for that too! And I can say that they confirmed he's a boy! :) At my initial ultrasound with my doctor when I was 9 weeks along, my doctor said I was measuring a little more than a week ahead but nothing worth bothering with changing my due date. At this ultrasound the technician said the same thing. I'm 19 weeks and 4 days but the tech said I was measuring 20 weeks and some odd days. Anyway, I doubt my due date will change, but I suppose I should be prepared for the chance of an early delivery! Isaiah was a little peanut and this one is a big peanut! He's already wanting to distinguish himself! I've hit the best stage of pregnancy. Feeling good, no fatigue, no nausea, not big enough to be uncomfortable, and the little guy is moving around and around. The ultrasound tech even said that she had to chase him around my belly to get all the measurements she needed. I wondered, because I could feel how active he was being during the appointment. I really do love that feeling.

Here's a picture of the newest little one:


Isaiah had a doctor's appointment this week too. His doctor, Dr. Seru, she's wonderful and absolutely loves Isaiah (I'm sure she loves all her patients ;)) but she genuinely seems to really enjoy Isaiah. Anyway, when I told her she should be prepared for another baby boy Song in October, she said he's gonna have some big shoes to fill! Such a true statement. I often think about that. I know that your heart just grows larger and somehow you manage to feel the same amount of love for all of your children but I think about how much head and heart space Isaiah takes and I have a hard time not feeling sad for what might get taken from Isaiah in order to make room for a new little guy. I know Isaiah will be a great big brother, but I think he's going to have a hard time adjusting. He get's mad at me now when I give my attention to chores or looking at a magazine or the newspaper and those are things I can stop and put down for later. A baby, not so much. So we'll just have to wait and see. Lots to come in October.

I took my first belly picture tonight. I've put a side by side below. I know I started out a little bigger in my middle this time around but I can tell my belly is also growing faster this time too. Here's the comparison:

19 weeks 4 days
21 weeks with Isaiah

2 comments:

  1. It'll be a big adjustment for everyone, including Isaiah, but he'll be a great big brother! And umm.. Baby Song is NOT THE SAME as chores and magazines, there's something about being blood related that Isaiah will just love Baby Song, especially when Baby Song starts to babble and respond to Isaiah. And Heather, you, have NOTHING to worry about - you have the bigggest heart of anyone, so there'll be plenty of space for Isaiah and Baby Brother!

    ReplyDelete