With the upcoming arrival of number two we decided to squeeze in a trip to Hawaii and we literally had to squeeze it in. We traveled in the last week that my doctor would OK travel. I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous. And I'm glad we went but I'm glad we are back too! Isaiah had a blast with his cousins, and the pool was his most favorite! It has this perfectly sized little water slide tunnel. I wish we could have taken a picture or video of him going down it. He would go up and then down over and over. We would have to bribe him with treats or popsicles to get him out of the pool! I realize we should probably get him into swim lessons here. We took them when he was 6 mos but not since. I think he would like it.
Hawaii for me was a little tough. I'm very uncomfortable these days. Sleeping is not always easy, especially away from my own bed and my many pillows! I'm also just really sore in my lower back and abdomen so walking can be hard and a bit painful as well. Especially as the day wears on. It was also very hot! But I really did have a great time, it just wore me out!
I'm getting closer to my due date and I think I'm ready to get this baby out of me but I'm really not ready for a baby in the house yet. It is amazing how different the last part of this pregnancy has been compared to my first one. Isaiah could have stayed in as long as he wanted, I was so unaffected. Dealing with the discomfort while caring for a very active 2.5 year old is not easy and probably makes all my aches and pains seem that much worse. With all that said this is also my favorite part of pregnancy. I love when the baby is big and the movements are substantial. When his butt protrudes and makes my stomach all funny shaped. It's so weird and cool at the same time. So I'm torn between wishing these next few weeks away and savoring every moment.
Oh! And I am happy to brag that I'm still under 20 lbs total gained. I think I'm at 17 so far! :)
A little explanation on the photos:
Isaiah slept in a big boy bed in Hawaii and did great! He also came down with a fever half way through so we lost maybe a day and a half. In the photo of the three cousins he looks a little out of it and that's why. The rest are self explanatory. And I know, we didn't get very many. Taking pictures isn't always top priority. :) Oh and I'm 36 weeks in the last one.






No comments:
Post a Comment