Friday, August 20, 2010

It's a ...

August 18 - 19 weeks and 1 day: Will and I had our second ultrasound. We were excited to find out what we are having but even more excited to see our baby on the screen. Take a look...


Isn't HE cute??!! Yep that's right, it's a boy!!! (I have to admit, I had myself convinced we were having a girl). We're so excited now that we can say "he" or "him" instead of "the baby" or "it". It just makes it that much more real. I still feel like I have to pinch myself every once in a while.



Watching the ultrasound is an amazing experience. Being able to see his little hands and feet and count his fingers and toes is a feeling we're unable to put into words. The baby moves around so much. His favorite activity is to kick at my bladder. But I don't mind, it's one of the ways I know he's in there. :) I feel him moving around a lot more now; in the morning before I get up and at night when I'm sitting quietly after dinner. I have a feeling he's going to be an active little guy. We'll have make sure we put a soccer ball near his crib for inspiration!

Here's a picture of his foot... I think we have a future striker! What do you think? :)

We have a picture of his other part as well, but figure we should respect his privacy. You'll just have to take our word for it. :)




I know I'm repeating myself here, but this whole process is really so amazing. To think that this little being, that looks like a baby but is the size of a mango, is living and growing inside me. I just can't wrap my head around it sometimes. I have been blessed with an easy pregnancy, so far, so I've really been able to enjoy every minute of it.

3 comments:

  1. a kicking baby is a happy baby! or so i hope, our baby is kicking ALL the time too, though i get it in the ribs and not in the bladder.. we were thinking we'll have a little swimmer or a little soccer player..

    my bet is there will be at least a few naked baby pictures once he's out of the womb :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soccer kicks must be from the Murray side of the family! Let's hope he doesn't inherit Will's bowling skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, it's awesome to hear that he's being active, I know the fetal movements always make us feel like everything is going well with the baby's development. Hope everyone is doing well!

    ReplyDelete