Will and I spent this past week visiting the Windy City. Will's company is based out of Chicago and they had their annual meetings Mon-Wed. I flew out after work on Tuesday and we spent the latter part of Wednesday, Thursday and Friday walking around, seeing some sights, and eating. I came into work on Tuesday to a news feed article telling me that Chicago was facing the largest storm in 7 years and that there had been multiple groundings at both major airports. Turns out my flight took off and landed without a hitch and we had great weather while we were there! Wednesday was especially beautiful and even quite warm! We walked around Millennium Park, went to the aquarium, did some shopping and saw The Lion King. I know that sounds like an agenda for one day but it actually was a list of what we did our entire trip! My stamina is not what it used to be! :) We walked everywhere and my feet were so sore and tired by the end of each day, I even bought a new pair of shoes (I was in the market for some anyway)! The highlight of our trip was definitely seeing The Lion King! I had heard how great it was so I was really excited. It didn't disappoint! The whole production was amazing, but the costumes were especially great! If you ever get the opportunity you should go see it!
 |
| Look who I bumped into! :) |
 |
| A picture of our bean in the bean. :) |
 |
| Interesting sculpture on our way to the aquarium. |
 |
| Beluga! We saw a 10 month old baby too. So cute! |
|
|
|
 |
| Can't visit Chicago without eating pizza! |
Baby update, 29 weeks 3 days - not actually much to update. Everything is still going great. The baby's movements are becoming stronger. If I put both my hands on opposite sides of my belly I can feel him push against one side and bump the other. :) We started our labor and birth class earlier in the month. It's a seven week class and we are already on week 4. We are learning about what to expect when the big day comes and ways to cope. We are a little early because the class will end at the end of November even though we are not due until the middle of January but it was the best class to fit our schedules. I'm actually kinda glad for that now that we have started. Sometimes all the information can be intense and overwhelming. I feel like having the month of December to forget some of the details will be nice. :)
 |
| 29 weeks! I've ditched the pink tank top. :) |
Not even the greatest storm of 7 years can ruin your fun! Will gets to work and Heather gets to play :)
ReplyDelete