*Updated with new photos below!
On Labor Day we boarded a plan headed for San Diego to visit Thomas, Jennifer and Jacqueline. We were piggybacking on one of Will's work trips, so for the first few days of our trip we stayed in a hotel near the airport. It was a great spot on the bay. There was this paved path along the water that the hotel butted up against and it wasn't more than a five minute walk to a great playground. It was really nice because Isaiah and I weren't confined to the hotel grounds, or having to walk along busy streets to get to things. We had nice weather the whole trip but it was super hot. Even people who live in San Diego were exclaiming about how hot it was.
Will worked Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning and then Thursday afternoon the "real" vacation began with a walk around La Jolla with Thomas and Jacqueline. We stayed in the hotel until Friday morning when Will dropped Isaiah and I off at the San Diego Zoo. We met Jennifer and Jacqueline and Will and Thomas went to swap our rental car for a rental van. :) Jennifer and I and the kids walked around the zoo for awhile before Thomas and Will were able to join us. We ended up spending the entire day at the zoo. I was really amazed at how well Isaiah did. I expected melt downs and crabbiness because he isn't one to sleep on the go but he did take a nap in his stroller and the whole day was a huge success. Hot and exhausting, but successful. We ended the zoo day with a trip to Extraordinary Desserts to celebrate my birthday. It was a great day.
The next morning bright and super early, we all piled into the van and headed to Disneyland! Will and I were skeptical about taking Isaiah to Disneyland at such a young age, but really we couldn't pass up the opportunity. Or I should say,
I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I love Disneyland. Since the day at the zoo had been so successful, I really approached the day with sheer optimism, and it worked. Isaiah had another great day and absolutely loved the rides. He wasn't scared on anything and exclaimed Wow! on most. I've also found out he's quite the dare devil. We were able to take him on Pirates of the Caribbean (my fave!) and the beginning of that ride has a big enough drop to drop my stomach as an adult. I can't imagine how it feels for a little guy. Anyway, we got to the bottom of the drops and he said "more!", he also said more at the end of the ride. We got back in line and went again. By the end of the second time, he was asleep with his head on my shoulder. :) I was surprised about how many rides there are at Disneyland that allow small children. We spent the entire day and didn't even make it to everything. Once again, it was hot. If San Diego was hot, Anaheim was scorching. At one point I think we all were literally melting. Thank goodness for Ariel's Grotto. No line, slow moving, and AIR CONDITIONED! Sorry Erin, Ariel wasn't there in person, so I couldn't get you her autograph. ;)
I have to give a huge thanks to Thomas and Jennifer for hosting us and figuring out our itinerary. We had a blast! Both days were exhausting and wonderful. I have to give it up for Jennifer who kept up the entire time, despite being due with their baby boy at the end of the month!
Unfortunately, I don't have a ton of pictures to accompany this blog. It was just too hot to think about pulling out the camera and posing. We have one family shot with Goofy, but I'll have to update this post with that later, when I have access to it. For now, here are some shots to end this post.
 |
| There were two babies. They were pretty cute! |
 |
| Isaiah spent most of both days helping push Jacqueline |
 |
| Whew! Going to the zoo is hard work! |
 |
| Happy to be on the Gondola. |
 |
| hehe... you know this is how most of the shots turned out right? |
 |
| Don't they make quite the pair? |
 |
| yum! |
 |
| Applesauce was much needed after such a hot and busy day! Look at those sweaty heads! |
 |
| Bonding while Will and I hit Space Mountain! |
 |
| BFFs |
 |
| Isaiah got very attached to Jacqueline's BOB. |
 |
| Isaiah got Mater as a gift from Thomas and Jennifer. Of course he had to come to Disneyland too! |
It was a great weekend, indeed!! And you captured it in words and photos so well... Can I copy/paste it to mu blob? Or just link it?? Hehe... We're so glad you guys could make it down, honored that you'd spend your birthday with us, and happy that Isaiah had a good time. Until next time, E-I-E-I-O!!!
ReplyDelete