I started this post when I was 27 weeks, it's now about two weeks later so the belly picture isn't as current as it could be. My belly does seem to be growing at a rapid pace right now. I had someone tell me I was small. I don't think they were saying it just to be nice, but I also have a hard time believing it. With Isaiah, yes, relative to my overall body size, I believe I carried very compact and "small", but with this one I feel like my belly is just out there getting in the way and making certain activities, like painting my toenails or shaving my legs, way too difficult. I never really felt uncomfortable with Isaiah, not even at 6 days overdue. And I'm not yet uncomfortable with this one, but I can feel it coming. With three more months to go, I just can't see how it wont be. With that said, this pregnancy has been easy, just as it was with Isaiah, so I really have nothing to complain about.
![]() |
| 29 weeks with Isaiah |
| 27 weeks with #2 |
Isaiah Update:
At 2.5 years (tomorrow to be exact), Isaiah is as head strong as they come. Everything is "No, I do it by myself!" (except when it comes to pulling up or down his pants! lol). He is for sure potty trained. The little pee in the underwear here or there has pretty much stopped. And we only had one major accident incident which involved me throwing away underwear and a pair of shoes and cleaning up the floor of a very nice Magnolia consignment shop! I think we all learned a lesson that day.
His vocabulary continues to grow, and he's always talking. Surprising Will and I with the things he knows and remembers from months and months ago. Last night before bed we were picking out books to read and he sat on the floor and opened The Giving Tree. He "read" it out loud to himself. Remembering from each page what to say (for the most part). The funniest one, I thought, was when he said, "and the tree was happy.... but not really". We've read that book quite a bit, but it isn't one we read over and over again, so I was really surprised by his "reading" skills. Plus it is just so cute. In this era of iPad and TV and iPhone, which he gets more than his fair share of, I'm always pleased when he is also content to just sit down and read.
I don't have any great pictures of him at the moment. As bad as I am at developing photos, I'm probably just as bad at taking them these days. These two are from June and if you are on Facebook, you probably already saw them. He's quit the fashionista...
![]() |
![]() |
Oh and one last thing. I post from time to time about my crafting. Well, my most recent projects were for a friends baby shower. I made lip balm (basically Burt's Bees) and also a melon centerpiece. The lip stuff turned out great and was super easy to make. And fun. I don't think I'll buy lip stuff again. The melon centerpiece ended up being pretty easy too, but it was a source of sheer anxiety because I refused to try it ahead of time. I didn't want to buy more fruit or melon than I needed, so I just dug in on the morning of the shower... I've never done food related crafting, unless you count frosting cookies, and it really isn't much of an interest of mine, however, I was so pleased with the outcome of this that I'm open to trying it again. If anyone is interested in a baby shower edible centerpiece, give me a holler!
![]() |
![]() |





No comments:
Post a Comment