Monday, January 20, 2014

Isaiah is 3!

Where has the time gone? I cannot believe my little baby is 3 now. We have had a challenging year. A lot happened between 2, 2 and a half, and 3 and I'm looking forward to what's in store for us this year.

Isaiah, you continue to be a smart, fun, loving, little boy. You have a smile that can melt any heart. You challenge us in ways we didn't expect, but we wouldn't take you any other way. Your vocabulary continues to amaze me and your ability to communicate and follow direction (when you want to) is wonderful. We have so much fun watching you learn and experience new things. I love the way your face lights up when you discover something new or are doing something fun. I love the look you give me when you are trying to get something you want and the tone of voice you use for the same. I love your little brain. And as hard as it is on me, I love that you are challenging us. It means you are using that brain of yours to your advantage and that will only serve you well as the years go on. You have always loved music and dancing but right now one of your favorite things to do is listen to songs and sing and dance along. You also like watching the music video if it's one we allow. Boom Boom Pow (edited) by Black Eyed Peas is your favorite right now and you love wearing your Drop the Beat shirt from Auntie Erin because of it. I think you might be musically inclined. We should start introducing musical instruments to see if you like any. Your other favorite things right now are cars/trucks/trains/anything that moves. You love to get down low so you can watch the wheels move. Even better is when I put out the "snow" for you to drive through. You are doing great in preschool now. We had a rough start but you have seemed to figure out the routine and are now a circle time champ! In a couple days you start a new preschool (daycare) because I'll be going back to work. I think it's going to be rough on both of us the first few days, but in no time you'll be a champ at that too! At 3 you are still very attached to me. You prefer me in everything that we do. Don't worry, Ahpa doesn't take it too personally. I'm pretty attached to you too. You are always my baby and I love you more than imaginable.

What a difference 3 years make!

No comments:

Post a Comment