Monday, January 27, 2014

Nolan

Nolan is a second child. The poor kid. There are fewer pictures of him in our camera and his milestones are passing by without much documentation. So here is a post just for him.

Nolan is almost 4 months. 16 weeks to be exact. He is a talkative baby. Smiley, giggly, and very loud! If he isn't talking to you, he'll just talk to himself. He talks/sings himself to sleep when he's in his swing. He sucks his thumb. He found his thumb at around 4 weeks and loves it. Well he pretty much wants to suck on anything. Fist, fingers, thumb, he also uses a pacifier occasionally but since his hand is attached to him, that's generally what he's sucking on. He's also very drooly. He sleeps through the night (most nights) and sleeps all on his own on his back. This is huge. I didn't think babies actually did this after our experience with Isaiah. He's still in our room in the cosleeper but that's mostly because his room is filled with stuff and we don't have a monitor yet. I'm on a mission to get his room cleaned up and ready for him before I return to work in couple of weeks. We have a bit of a sleep pattern. He generally naps around 10am then again in the afternoon for a very long time (3 hours usually) and then bedtime is between 8 and 9pm. Naps are in the swing. I keep meaning to try his crib or cosleeper but he always falls asleep and I can't bring myself to move him. He loves baths and he needs them more frequently than I give them, especially with all his hair. Not one bath so far has resulted in tears and most often they are filled with smiles. He also loves having his head washed. I give him a head massage and he just relaxes and stares at me and smiles. Physically he's pretty strong in the same ways Isaiah was. He loves to "stand" and can hold his head well. When he's on his back he will sometimes roll to the side but I don't think he's all that close to actually rolling over. On his tummy, he's rolled to his back a few times but I think it was mostly due to his arms being under him and his head giving him momentum. He doesn't even attempt to roll generally. He usually just gets his arms back at his sides and lifts his head until he gets tired and just lays there (sometimes happily, other times in protest). Like Isaiah, he doesn't really have a problem with his car seat and car rides. You hear about babies who just scream in the car, and I always feel so bad for those moms. I don't know what I would do if my kids hated car rides.  He also doesn't really mind diaper changes. Maybe I just get him at good moments but he's usually smiley and talkative during diaper changes. He smiles at Isaiah a lot. Even when Isaiah is being rougher than I'd like, it generally puts a smile on Nolan's face. He's wearing 6 month clothing and in some cases 9 (some brands size way smaller than others!). We are still nursing but barely. Not for nutrition, anyway. Usually morning, afternoon and before bed then maybe once during the night. Most times it's for comfort when he's not super hungry, because when I try when he's hungry he just gets really mad at me. I had the same experience with Isaiah so I'm over being sad about it. My body can only do what it can do and I've accepted that. I've come to prefer bottles anyway, and don't take for granted the fact that anyone can feed him when he's hungry. The only time I really wish I was nursing is when he wakes up in the night really mad (and loud!) demanding food immediately but has to wait for me or Will to make him his perfectly temperatured bottle. He's had a cold in some form or another since probably two weeks of age. Isaiah can't stay away from him so the germs are just unavoidable. That is really all I can think of for now. I really can't believe how fast the months are going by. He has his 4 month appointment next week and I'm so curious to find out his stats.


Nolan's 100th Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment