Last week was my first week back at work. It couldn't have gone smoother. I don't want to work, but if I have to go back, my job is the best one to go back to. They let me do what I want basically, so I really can't complain. I'm back only M-W now. Thursdays and Fridays I'm home. And I say that I don't want to work (and given the choice I wouldn't), but I recognize that it is probably for the best. We get a better routine, Isaiah gets some much needed socialization, and the Grandma's get to know Nolan like they did Isaiah. Nolan is with Will's parent's Monday and Wednesday and with my mom on Tuesdays just as we had with Isaiah.
Isaiah started daycare/preschool M-W at the Shoreline Children's Center. He goes from 8:30am - 2:30pm and the Grandma's pick him up. I started him three weeks before going back to work because I didn't want to have to deal with that new transition at the same time that I transitioned back at work. I would have been a mess and I think it was better for Isaiah too. His first week he did okay. Didn't cry at drop off and had only some minor tears during the day. The next week was a little tougher and the third week was by far the worst. I literally had to peel him off of me and hand him to the teacher crying. But then this last week, he walked in like he owned the place and said goodbye like no big deal. I don't know if he just needed those three weeks to adjust or if he just knew that I was going to work and Nolan was at grandma's so this is where he had to go. Rather than the other weeks when I had Nolan with me at drop off and he probably knew I was just going home. Now, he asks if it's Teacher Marianne day when he wakes up and wants to go there. If it continues this way, we might add on Thursday to our schedule. We dropped co-op on Wednesdays but continue to attend on Fridays so he still gets to see Teacher Jessica too.
I really enjoyed my maternity leave and was so fortunate to be able to take the maximum allowed by the state. I wish it could be longer. Those Europeans and their whole year! And I can't believe how fast it went by. It feels like October was just a few weeks ago. Nolan is already so not a newborn anymore. I almost can't handle it. I doubt there will be a third Song baby, but I'm starting to already feel why people go for just one more...
No comments:
Post a Comment