Sunday, April 26, 2015

Nolan's words at 18 months

I can't believe the last time I posted was when Nolan turned one. A TON has happened since then and I'll hopefully get around to writing about all of that soon. Biggest news is that it has all led up to me quitting my job to stay home full time.

Best. Decision. Ever.

I have been writing down Nolan's words since he began saying them which I think was around his first birthday. Sadly, I don't really remember when he said his first word or what it was (maybe I posted it in my one year post... hmmm I'll have to look back. that's what this blog is for anyway right? lol.) I definitely don't keep up with all this the way I did with Isaiah.

Anyway, I'm writing this list in the order that I believe they began coming out of his mouth (mostly anyway).

Uh-oh
Light (yight)
push
ball
bye-bye
no
all done (ah-da) -  with the sign and in Korean
more (moe) - with sign
go!go!go! (doh!doh!doh!)
mama (now Mommy at 18 months)
hot hot hot (ta ta ta)
up (mup or bup)
don't!
dog (da)
Brother (brumber)
milk or oo-you (Korean)
water
bath
bus
Isaiah - started out as "I's I's" and now sounds closer to Isaiah, however, he prefers to just say "brumber"
Apple (bappo at first but now apple)
bubbles
nigh-nigh
I love You (Iwayou or wayou)
garbage (bardage)
careful (fare-ful)
ready
outside
downstairs
bee (which what he calls all bugs but he will also say "pider") - his most favorite thing to do right now is turn over rocks and look for "bees".
yeah - this is the cutest word of his now. He uses it after words when he's trying to tell me what to do. For instance if he wants to go outside he'll say "outside, yeah outside, yeah" while he waits by the gate. He also will sometimes collect his shoes and jacket before telling me "outside - yeah" or he'll say "yets go".
Sorry (ar-ray) - he has to say this to "brumber" a lot
Thank you - (waittyou) - we have him say this a lot too
Grandma, Halmoni
Grandpa
Auntie

At 18 months now he will repeat most words and knows way more than I can list here.

He uses a cup perfectly (except he loves to dump his water or milk)

He uses a spoon and fork. Prefers a spoon or his hand though... (and he loves throwing everything onto the floor)

He loves to rough-house with Isaiah and do things like jump off the couch - which means he also knows the word owie really well. Has to use it constantly.

He can point to his body parts and name the common ones.

I think the most surprising thing for me is how well he understands sharing and giving things back when he takes them from Isaiah. Unlike Isaiah he's had to share his whole life. He's known no other way. But it still surprises me when he follows my instructions to give things back.  Even his understanding of leaving alone Isaiah's block towers "no knock down" as we say. He understands so much now and will follow most instructions (like cleaning up, or putting something in the garbage, or going and retrieving something from another room).

He's becoming more curious about the potty. He sometimes tells me when he goes, or he will get a new diaper. He likes to stand at the toilet and pretend to pee saying "pssssss" (he also does it facing trees - giving away all our park nature peeing secrets). I wonder if he'll potty train early and as easy as Isaiah did? I hope so (but won't count my chickens just yet).

He's a very busy boy right now. Always doing something new, saying something new. Being cute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment